Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Forecast: Snowy in PA


South-central Pennsylvania is supposed to get snow. It should start around 3am and again at 8am according to my brother. It should start around 10am according to another friend. Yet another source claims that there is a 100% chance of precipitation (which would mean that it's currently precipitating). I've heard anywhere from slushy mix to 8 inches of snow.

What will likely happen? Enough snow for kids to look out their window and expect school to be canceled, enough snow for parents to grumble about cleaning off their cars. Enough snow to be fun and a nuisance while not being enough to shut down the state.

The place to be if you want to keep on living when it snows is State College, PA. Last year's 'Snowpocalypse'/ 'snowmaggedon' had little to no effect. I was told that the amount of snow received was totally normal for Happy Valley. At 2am I was hoping that classes would be canceled and we could have that elusive snow day....then I heard the scraping and looked outside. Snow plow...at 2am....it didn't go away when I yelled at it. Classes continued the same as they always did, by morning the roads and sidewalks were mostly clear although we had received about 2 inches overnight. I've heard that Penn State: University Park has heated sidewalks and I believe it, they were totally clear, not just pushed to the side.

If you're looking for a snow day, stay away from State College....but when the world ends in 2012...University Park will be open for classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment